Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Heat Lightning


You might have already seen these pics on my moms blog, but they are so amazing that I had to put them on mine. Its called heat lightning, which is pretty much cloud to cloud lightning. The weird part is that you can see the lightning but you cant hear any thunder. I looked it up on wikipedia and it said that either there is a thunderstorm that is too far away to hear (which doesn't make sense because if you see the lightning you should hear the thunder) or the air is too dense and traps the sound, which kinda makes sense, but I still cant fully comprehend a silent, rainless thunderstorm. Mom tried to get some pictures, but they didn't turn out so we found these on Google.

1 comments:

Nana said...

These are cool pictures and we did have fun watching them together. I am loving having all "my grand-children" and of course your mom and dad here for a visit.